Posts tagged Blackberry6
Good news for Bell users with HSPA BlackBerry’s who recently upgraded and are salivating over the pending Canadian launch of the Torch 9800.
A tipster sent MobileSyrup an internal screenshot of both when they expect to release the update and the devices expected to be supported. Although, if you have been following BlackBerry news lately you would have already known these devices would get the update sooner or later, its always been a question of when.
With this little “leak” I guess it’s just a matter of time before Rogers and Telus drop the same information.Follow me on twitter
One of our tipsters sent us this screen shot of the invite they just received to a party AT&T and Blackberry are hosting in New York next week. Although it doesn’t go into specific device detail, one can assume it is for the 9800 for two significant reasons
1) Launch is imminent, rumored on or around Aug 15th
Our connect plans to attend the event and send us more information and pictures as they become available so stay tuned!Follow me on twitter
Since WES 2010 and the official announcement of the BlackBerry 6, there has been much speculation as to which devices will be released with the OS and more importantly, which current devices will get the upgrade. RIM has been very tight-lipped about the situation, only releasing a video of BlackBerry 6 running on a Storm touchscreen device. It wasn’t too long after that, we at TheCellularGuru.com got our hands on BlackBerry 6 running on the elusive Clamshell 9670 (a non-touchscreen device). Since then, videos have popped up of it running on basically all pre-released devices; which has led to the question? “Will my current device support BlackBerry 6?”
Our friends over at BerryReview decided to do some digging themselves and although it’s all still speculation, have released a list of current and future model devices slated to be released running the newest OS, take a look:
- The following devices will get BlackBerry 6 at launch: The Clamshell 9670, Bold Slider 9800, Atlas 8980, and Kepler 9300
- The following devices will get BlackBerry 6 as an update from OS 5: The Bold 9650, Pearl 9100 and 9105, Bold 9700, and the Storm 9520 & 9550
While to BlackBerry fan boys none of this really comes as a surprise, another popular speculation has been a release date. Some have said summer time, while others have said back to school time at best. Rumor has it, BlackBerry 6 is tentatively set at a Q3 launch, although this is still hard to believe because the OS is still in beta, and carrier testing hasn’t even begun yet. If you are unaware of the new features to come in BlackBerry 6 see below:
- Graphical context menu in tables list and tabs.
- The long context menu has ended Unified search framework included in 3rd party app data
- Multiple contact lists
- Message list enhancements (displaying pushed 3rd party app data)
- Wi-Fi LBS supports
- reverse geo coding (geo to zip)
- travel time service within Canada and USA
- trackpad support for swipe gestures.
- Barcode 1D/2D scanning support
- Auto-Focus enhancements (Camera lens and Auto-Focus are now separate)
As you can see this is a big step up from OS 4 & 5 we’ve all grown to know and love/hate. Only time will really tell what is truth and what is rumor. Until then, speculate away in the comments!
[Via: BerryReview]Follow me on twitter