[Updated] For those wondering, iOS6 has now launches via iTunes or as an OTA (over the air) download. Go grab it and let us know what you think!
Hey folks, in lieu of the iPhone 5 launch on Friday, Apple will make their latest OS iteration, OS6, available as free download via iTunes today. Historically speaking, you can expect iOS 6 to be released sometime around 10 a.m. PDT or 1:00 p.m. EST but, it could drop earlier, at this point it’s a waiting game.
Below are a list of compatible devices for the update:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2
- the “new” iPad
- 4th-gen iPod Touch
If your device isn’t listed above, it WILL NOT RUN iOS 6, and frankly speaking it’s about time you look into an upgrade. I had a chance to play with iOS 6 this past summer in Beta form and loved it.
If the update comes through for you, comment below on how you like it!
- BlackBerry Live 2013: Hands-on with the Otterbox “Commuter” case for the BlackBerry Q10
- Review: Logitech Harmony Touch Remote Control
- Things that are cool: The world’s first “braille” concept smartphone
- Review: The 2013 Honda CrossTour
- Review: Logitech UE 900 Noise-Isolating Earphones