Another day, another piece of bad news about RIM. This time, however, it has nothing to do with financial results or analysts downgrading their predictions. Today we have a real treat, as a disgruntled high-level RIM employee has penned an unbelievably scathing letter that outlines precisely where RIM is failing, and how things can be turned around if only anyone would listen. The identity of the RIM employee has been withheld for obvious reasons, but BGR, the site that received the letter, has verified its authenticity. We don’t want to step out of line by republishing the entire article, but we can tell you these are the talking points:
- Focus on the End User experience
- Recruit Senior SW Leaders & enable decision-making
- Cut projects to the bone.
- Developers, not Carriers can now make or break us
- Need for serious marketing punch to create end user desire
- No Accountability – Canadians are too nice
- The press and analysts are pissing you off. Don’t snap. Now is the time for humility with a dash of paranoia.
- Democratise. Engage and interact with your employees — please!
Hit up the read link to check out the letter in its entirety.